In 2015 after a thorough evaluation of TYPO3 and Drupal Heidelberg University has opted for Drupal 8 as the new central CMS and Web-Application Framework. In this talk, i will report on the technical considerations, organizational decisions and available resources determining the project setup.
Furthermore i will focus on successes, problems and challenges of this project in progress in order to give the opportunity to benefit from our experiences and to receive thought provoking suggestions.
- Why and how Drupal has been selected?
- Why and how cooperating with external Drupal service providers?
- Why and how to integrate with existing Campus Management and Identity and Access Management Systems?
- Why and how a double-track frontend strategy with a decoupled frontend and a standard Drupal Theme?
- Why and how implement an on premise Drupal hosting infrastructure, based on an Open-Source Docker Build & Deployment System?