Although this session is based at newer users, I aim to go over the basics of Docker and would relish some mentors to assist users. We will aim to make it as practical and hands-on as possible. So, come along, learn how to get started with Drupal on Docker and how it can be used for managing better software.
The aim is to take new Docker users and finish off with having them deploying Drupal based applications into a cluster. It will cover all of the main parts of using Docker and push developers to find new ways of building their applications.
- What is Docker?
- Docker for Devs and Docker for Ops
- Using Docker on Command Line
- Using and Choosing Different Containers
- Break (10-15 mins)
- Introduction to Docker Compose
- Writing your applications into Docker Compose
- Different Applications inside Docker
- Going Further with Docker
- Deployment into Clusters
- Speeding up your builds and images
- Extending Docker in your organisation